Thursday, September 6, 2012

Senior Year

So it is the beginning of my senior year, and I have discovering this thing called 'Pinterest'. I am not so sure yet if this is a good or a bad thing, but I seem to be wasting a lot of time on it. There are many great pictures to 're-pin' that are funny, inspirational quotes, great recipes, clothing ideas, etc. There is also this concept that is somewhat new to me of having a 'Bucket List'. Essentially this is just a list of things that you want to do before you die. Looking through different Bucket List pictures makes me feel two very different things. On one hand there are many Bucket List pictures of things that I have done or experienced, and it makes me feel pretty accomplished. On the other hand, there are so many pictures that are of things that are currently out of my reach or will not happen for a long time if ever. Those pictures make me feel young, little, inexperienced. It is all a scary though I guess when I think about I am right on the line of being a teen-aged kid and growing up. I have just begun my very last year of high school as of August 27th, 2012, and I am both very excited and very scared. I have named several of my posts on my blog something along the lines of 'Life as I Know It', and what scares me the most is that "Life as I Know It" is about to drastically change. Change is always something that I have never particularly liked. Although it is something that I've never particularly disliked either. Really what scares me the most about this particular change is that I am the one changing; I am growing up. Most of my life I have been more or less the same kind of person. I was always that person that people would see years later and say, "You haven't changed a bit!!" But now I feel like I am the one changing, not the people or the world around me. I know that I am in the process of making a lot of life-altering decisions, and its a scary thought. It makes me thankful that I have a God who loves me for who I really am and is watching over me through all of this. As I look for answers from Him I wonder how much of what I want or what I think is the right thing to do comes from the desire He placed in my heart, or if it comes from me making an emotion-based conclusion that could be ever changing. The other day I came across this verse in Psalms 27:14, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." It really hit me that I just need to be patient and wait for God's perfect timing in all these decisions that I often feel like I need an answer to right NOW. It's hard to wait when you just want all of these "problems" to be solved, but I know that God is just teaching me a lesson of patience. I just need to hold to the reminder that God's timing is perfect. It isn't easy; it never is. I had a good reminder of that in a Bible class I'm taking at school when my teacher reminded us that believers are promised that they will suffer. That is sometimes a hard thing to grasp. But is it worth it? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment