Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Time Part 1

So my summer had indeed begun. It's been going on for a while now and already I have so much to tell. The very beginning was camp. It is called Olive Grove located in a small city called Cirali just outside of Antalya, Turkey. That was a very fun two weeks in which I spent a lot of good time with a lot of good friends and had a lot of good conversations :) It was fun, and to fill in all the details would take more time than I have. The first week I stayed in a small cabin with Cassidy and Clara. The second week I moved into "The House" which was inhabited by the Upperclassmen Girls. I must say I had a ton more fun living in a small house with 10 girls and 2 bathrooms than I originally thought I would. My semi-roommate in the House was Becca, who is pretty awesome :) I had a lot of fun playing 'Speed', 'Spades', 'BS', and 'ERS' with Becca, Cassidy, Serra, and random other people who wanted to play. Thankfully this time during the sneak out I didn't fall asleep (well.... at least only for an hour...). Miraculously Luke and I were actually able to see the sunrise this time, lol xD That was a fun night :) After camp I had a fun time riding back with our family and the Brutons, fun times being squished in a van :D Fouth of July was also a fun day, despite the fact that my parents didn't buy tickets to the Fourth of July party on the Base.
So I spent two weeks not doing much, although I started to get into scrap-booking in my spare time, and I hope to have the time to do more of it in the near future. We then started to travel. We spent a day in Istanbul because we missed our flight from Istanbul to Budapest. On the bright side, I got to see and go inside the Hagia Sofia as well as go into the Grand Bazar, and see the Blue Mosque. We also just walked around and looked at stores and stuff. We didn't have too long, so we only got to go to a few places. Istanbul is nice, really, but I would never want to live there (no offense to all my Istanbul friends). It's just way too tourist-y for my liking of a place to live. But it is a very beautiful city from what I saw, and pretty much everyone knows English (very unlike Ankara). So after our day in Istanbul, we made it to Budapest, Hungary. Budapest is actually two different cities, 'Buda' & 'Pest' that grew together and then were renamed 'Budapest'. We stayed in a Hotel-Apartment in what was called the Jewish Quarter on the Pest side of the town. It really was a beautiful city with the chain bridge and the Danube river going straight through the city. Also the Churches there were gorgeous and filled with amazing.... well, just about everything was amazing about the Churches. One of the Churches we went in, they were actually having a wedding there when we went inside. It was amazingly beautiful. However, I must say, there are couples everywhere in Budapest. Everywhere you turn there are people holding hands or making out :P Just saying, but great city to go with ur boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever significant other, but terrible place to go when you're depressed about you're current single status :P But anyway, we had a fun three days in Budapest, doing everything from seeing the sites, from walking around and shopping, from an evening cruise on the river, to going to Aquaworld. Aquaworld is an indoor waterpark which is aparently the largest indoor waterpark in Europe. It was pretty fun, and probably the most time I've spent in the water in several years :P We were there all day. Meghan, Konnar, and I got to go in these gigantic beachball-like balls that they pumped air into, and we were inside of them, rowling around the wavepool at the waterpark (at which time the waves were turned off). But basically we just pushed each other around, and tried to stand up inside of them and walk (sort of like a hamster in a wheel). It was a fun day :) The day after that we woke up at 3am to go to the airport. We flew from Budapest to Frankfurt to Toronto to Philadelphia in one day, fun stuff :P Lots of long flights, but it was good to finally get here and see family. Still have only seen my mom's parents and one of my uncles as far as family memebers go, but there are more to come and I can't wait :) I shall be going to Camp Orchard Hill come August, as well as starting my online British Literature class, so I would certainly appreciate lots of prayer. Can only hope that my summer will get better from here :) Can't wait to see all my cousins, especially Skylar & Katrina :D However I feel the deep need to have long convo's with Grace Kim and Harim Kim ASAP, which isn't good since I won't be seeing them for a month :P

1 comment:

  1. Kalista, it's so good to hear this 'story'...glad you've had some fun travels! I'll have to go to both Buda and Pest one day :P. I miss you and I am praying for great things to happen while your here in the states. Cool updated blog, too!

    ReplyDelete