Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dear Jesus,

I am not worth it. What you did for me is unspeakable. All that you’ve given to me I don’t deserve, especially not you in my life. It is incomprehensible why you, God, would suffer for me; why would you, God, lay down your life for me? Because you are so genuinely good that my human reason cannot make sense of it. Because your love is amazing, steady, unchanging, and no matter how little I am worth, you love me so much, for some reason, that you would give your life for me. I really can’t, no matter how hard I try, understand why you, God, love me so much when I treat you the way I do, and after all you did for me! How could I treat you the way I do after everything you have done for me without me deserving it in any way, shape, or form? I wish I would treat you the way you deserve to be treated. But thank you God, for doing all you did for me, because without you I am faithless, hopeless, lonely, and purposeless.

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~Philippians 2:5-11~

1 comment:

  1. Konosis :-) Love it!

    I must say, I feel the same way.
    I can't even imagine.
    But even though I know I'm not worth it, I'm glad God thought I was :)

    ReplyDelete