Sunday, April 18, 2010

Troubles, Tests, and Turmoils

Sometimes in life you feel like you are on the top of the world. It is just so hard to realize that within a day we can be knocked so far down from that. At times I get so confused, and at other times I just feel like life has defeated all that I am and all that I do.

But just some helpful reminders on:
Confusion~
"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace." 1 Corinthians 14:33
Defeat~
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Loneliness & Fear~
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
Giving Up & Tiredness~
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Grief~
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalms 23:4
Dissapointment~
"And we know that in all of these things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
Failure~
"The Godly man may fall seven times, but they will get up again." Proverbs 24:16

What would I do without having the comfort of knowing for sure that God is constantly always by my side no matter what? I honestly do not know how I'd be able to deal with life. Really, how do people do it all without God? I ask my self that every day, and I really don't know. I guess its all the more reason to be a witness of God, sharing his word and his love. I wish all my friends knew God. I wish every single person in my entire family knew God..... I wish everyone knew God..... *sigh* Even though not all of those people do, I am so unbelievably thankful for the amazing ppl in my life that do know God, those that do share my magnificent Saviour :)

~All Prayers are Appriciated~
They always are, but especially right now....

2 comments:

  1. always praying!
    Thanks for sharing verses. I especially liked the verse from Isaiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) I was just having a tough day for whatever reason. yeah :) I really like the verse from Isaiah too :) when I did cross-country Miss Hughey gave us that verse, mainly the part about running and not growing weary, but I think the whole verse can apply for just everything, ya know?? kinda just adds meaning when u do stuff like soccer with the whole running thing :)

    ReplyDelete